Sunday, December 18, 2011

Why do Americans hate the French? Pourquoi les Américains détestent les Français?

Why do Americans hate the French? Here's an interesting article on the nature of American animosity toward the French.

I for one after years of living in the USA must confirm that the average (white) American does dislike the French. White Americans also hate Russia and the Russians. It seems Americans collectively hate humans in general.

There are of course exceptions but I find Americans in general extraordinarily xenophobic though their xenophobia has some favorite objects of hate, the French.

I for one love France. I love everything French, culture, cities, countryside, wine, food of course, cars. To me the world is divided into two categories of people who either love everything French and those who dislike France and the French. The first category are good people. The second category are the scum of the earth. I am quite categorical at that.

Let me quote Thomas Jefferson, who is as culturally as remote from modern Americans as he is perhaps from average selection of Martians:

So ask the travelled inhabitant of any nation, In what country on earth would you rather live?
—Certainly in my own, where are all my friends, my relations, and the earliest & sweetest affections and recollections of my life.
Which would be your second choice?
- France.


The article is in French, so for those few unfortunate who can't read the lingua franca can most automatic translators to get the sense out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment